EAT UP COLUMBUS
Over 370 people honored survivors of human trafficking and celebrated Larry Armentrout, who retired from the Freedom a la Cart Board of Directors this year, at Freedom’s annual Eat Up Columbus soiree on August 26, 2023. Held on the rooftop of the National Veterans Memorial & Museum with beautiful views of the Columbus city skyline, the soiree highlighted lived experiences of Survivor Leaders Jess and Dorie as well as a singing performance from Survivor Leader Mickey. Invites encouraged attendees to wear all white to mark the blank slate provided to survivors for a fresh start and a life of freedom. Guests enjoyed hors d'oeuvres and both a live and silent auction at the event and raised over $220,000, meeting Freedom’s goal to continue to provide programming, workforce development, and opportunities to stand beside survivors. To learn more about Freedom a la Cart, visit freedomalacart.org.
Photos courtesy of Freedom a la Cart.
1) Angie Stevenson-Smith, Stephanie Bland, Jackie Jones, Emily Davidson, Lunetta Spivey 2) Guests enjoying a caricaturist 3) The Freedom a la Cart team
4) Guests at Eat Up Columbus 5) Dorie 6) Empowering Latinas Leadership Academy (ELLA) group
7) Jess 8) Kate 9) A table setting at Eat Up Columbus
10) Lexi and guest 11) Eat Up Columbus 12) Eat Up Columbus
13) Guests enjoying a caricaturist 14) Guests at Eat Up Columbus 15) Mandy, Kristen, Lyndzy, Shannon
16) Hors d'oeuvres at Eat Up Columbus 17) The CATCH Court team 18) Staff preparing hors d'oeuvres at Eat Up Columbus